Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Asian Journal With a Twist of Color



So here is a Journal I Got commissioned to do a few months back ..It was for an Asian type theme with the Blue and Green Colors ..Asian is not my thing ..but I did better than I thought I would ..This is a Hardbound Journal that is about 8 X 10 1/2" and Again like i said in a couple postings below I got the idea for the screens from Mary Gizma and then here I used chipboard for the tree and made the flowers from White wool I have , This time Putting a flower in her hair ..Colored with Copics ..I found a site on the web that shows how to make the Kimono and so I made one and it was too big so I put on the inside back cover and made a smaller one to fit the front..I gathered the ribbon on the binding and added flowers.
I them bought the B for her name at Hobby Lobby and Stamp the rest of her name on it and covered that with Stickles so it would shimmer like the B..
On the inside I added a Pocket and made a Fan added doilies to it and braided the string from Embroidery Thread ..Haven't Braided anything since I was little and that was AGES a few day ago ...hahaha
Again I gathered ribbon around the pocket and added flowers to go with the front ..
I think it came out great and I made it for a lady who gave it to her Daughter for Christmas ..They BOTH were very pleased and that in turn makes me happy ..to think something I MAKE can make someones day is a true treasure





Thanks for Coming By
HUGS, Diana

1 comment:

DanaBee said...

Again very beautiful Diana
you really do good work.Keep up the good work.